Air Management Tools Online Webinar | September 26 | 1:00pm EDT
Air management is critical in data centers—not only for improving the energy efficiency but for managing the thermal environment for the IT equipment. The goal of air management is to supply air to all rack inlets within the desired temperature with the minimum fan and cooling energy consumption. Air management is key in data centers since it is a prerequisite for many other energy-saving measures.
DOE/LBNL has developed many resources for analyzing and improving air management in data centers. This webinar will identify and explain those resources and tie them together to help empower data center decisions. It will cover air management concepts, tool demonstrations, and software tools.
Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) Trainings
In order to accelerate energy savings, the data center industry and DOE partnered to develop the Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) Program. The DCEP training program certifies energy practitioners qualified to evaluate the energy status and efficiency opportunities in data centers. DCEPs will:
- Be qualified to identify and evaluate energy efficiency opportunities in data centers;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Data Center Profiler (DC Pro) and select Assessment Tools
- Address energy opportunities in electrical systems, air management, HVAC, and IT equipment;
- Meet academic/work experience requirements (pre-qualifications);
- Receive training on conducting data center assessments;
- Be required to pass one or two exams.
See our dedicated DCEP page for training dates!
On Demand Web-Based Courses & Webinars
- *NEW* "Big Results in Small Places: Exploring the Untapped Energy Efficiency Potential of Small Data Centers." On-demand webinar hosted by Better Buildings in January 2018 - view webinar recording | view slides
"FEMP Training Certificate Series: Data Center Energy Efficiency" - registration (individual courses outlined below)
"Data Center Energy Efficiency: IT Equipment and Software Efficiency" - registration
- "Data Center Energy Efficiency: Environmental Conditions" - registration
"Data Center Energy Efficiency: Air Management" - registration
"Data Center Energy Efficiency: Cooling Systems" - registration
- "Data Center Energy Efficiency: Electrical Systems" - registration
- "Data Center Energy Efficiency Best Practices" - registration
- "FEMP16 Advanced HVAC in High-Tech Buildings: Data Centers" - registration (not part of FEMP's certificate series)