Webinar: Thermal Guidelines and Temperature Measurements in Data Centers
Accurate and cost-effective temperature management in data centers is not only important for air management and overall energy efficiency but also for thermal management of the IT equipment. The latter is a proxy for IT equipment reliability and longevity. Therefore, the return on investment from temperature management is often very high.
This webinar is presented by the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) sponsored Center of Expertise for Energy Efficiency in Data Centers at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Specifically, the training provides:
1) Context of thermal management in data centers
2) Generalized thermal best practices
3) Importance of accurate temperature measurements
4) Rules for limiting sensor hardware and labor costs
5) Accurate low-density temperature probe configurations.