Many opportunities exist to reduce energy consumption of cooling equipment including raising the chilled water temperature; air, water, or refrigerant-based economizers, and all-variable-speed plants.
HIGH-LEVEL BEST PRACTICES
- Raise the Chilled Water Temperature
- Maximize Central Cooling Plant Efficiency
- Install Integrated Water-Side Economizers
- Install Dry Coolers
- Install a Rack Door Heat Exchanger (RDHx) for High-Density Racks
- Install Direct and Indirect Airside Economizer
- Use a Centralized Cooling System Instead of an Individual Direct Expansion (DX) system
- Data Center Master List of Efficiency Actions provides more information on the high-level best practices outlined above as well as a more detailed list of best practices related to cooling plant.