- 6/15/2017 "Data Center Energy Practitioner Training Program and Associated Software Tools" 2:00 p.m. ET - registration
This webinar provides an overview of the Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) training program and its associated software tools: Data Center Profiler (DC Pro) and the Air Management (AM) Tool. The DCEP program provides up to three days of training on energy assessments in data centers to help increase energy efficiency. The federal government has a requirement for DCEPs for managing federal data centers.
DC Pro and the AM Tool are integral parts of the training program. DC Pro helps data centers estimate the power usage effectiveness without sub-metering. It is an “early stage” scoping tool designed for data center owners and operators to diagnose how energy use is distributed in their data centers and determine ways to save energy and money. The AM Tool is an in-depth tool for understanding how different air-management measures saves chiller and fan energy. The webinar will demonstrate the tools.
- 6/30/2017 "DOE-Utility Partnership for Data Centers" 1:00-2:00 PM ET - registration
In this webinar, Dale Sartor and Magnus Herrlin of the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) will provide an overview of the resources available to utilities through the Lab’s Center of Expertise for Energy Efficiency in Data Centers. Additionally, they will outline a strategy for DOE-Utility collaboration, as well as provide an update of the Air Management Package Project that serves as an example of a successful DOE-Utility partnership.
Learning Outcomes: (1) Learn about potential strategies for DOE-utility collaboration (2) Learn about the DOE-utility partnership “Air Management Package Project”. (3) Learn about readily available resources to help achieve energy savings in data centers.
2017 webinars on the DCEP program, resources for utilities, and more - dates and times TBD
- To learn more about LBNL's data center efficiency work in China, click here
- To learn more about LBNL's partnership with US and Chinese companies to harmonize standards for liquid cooling in data centers, click here.
On-demand, web-based courses
"FEMP Training Certificate Series: Data Center Energy Efficiency" - registration (individual courses outlined below)
"Data Center Energy Efficiency: IT Equipment and Software Efficiency" - registration
- "Data Center Energy Efficiency: Environmental Conditions" - registration
"Data Center Energy Efficiency: Air Management" - registration
"Data Center Energy Efficiency: Cooling Systems" - registration
- "Data Center Energy Efficiency: Electrical Systems" - registration
- "Data Center Energy Efficiency Best Practices" - registration
- "FEMP16 Advanced HVAC in High-Tech Buildings: Data Centers" - registration (not part of FEMP's certificate series)
In-person training events
2017 "Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) training" events scheduled for San Francisco and Washington D.C. - see our dedicated DCEP page for more information